“Many of us pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that we hurry past it.” Kierkegaard.
1. Being in the middle of a book or movie so good that your real life fades away for a few hours
2. Putting cloth on straight out of the dryer
3. Getting an intense hug when you need it most, the kind where you hold so tight you almost want to melt into the other body
4. The goose bumps you get when listening to good music
5. Deeply understanding something for the first time (experiencing that aha moment)
6. Deep sleep
7. Connecting with another human being, where for a moment you are no longer alone
8. Getting into fresh clean bed sheets
9. Peeing after having to hold it in for so long
10. That feeling after an intense workout
11. Sexual gratification
12. Sunday mornings
14. A cup of tea on a cold day
15. Going down a waterslide
16. Long road trips
17. Driving with your windows down on a beautiful fall day
18. Seeing old friends after a long absence
19. Coming across a line in a book so profound, you shed a tear
20. Driving with a dangerously low gas tank but you still manage to get to the gas station
21. Taking off your bra after a long day
23. Reminiscing about old times with old friends
24. Taking off your hills after a night of dancing
25. A hot shower
26. Eating firfir with hot tea that your mother made for breakfast
27. Engaging in a conversation with someone and being understood, completely
28. Snuggling with a child
29. Laughing so hard you pee your pants a little
30. Looking in the mirror and liking what you see
31. The perfect haircut
32. The smell of a baby
33. Sleeping under a warm blanket on a chilly night
34. Getting a phone call from someone after a long absence
35. Seeing your child smile at you
36. The feeling of being somewhere with someone and knowing that there’s nowhere else you’d rather be
What would you add?
4 thoughts on “Pleasures of human existence:”
man, do I miss going down a waterslide… ❤ I love your list.
Isn’t it the best!? Glad you loved my list Sara 🙂
Speeding and a cop pulls up behind you, only to pass u by. Opening the fridge and finding just enough milk for your coffee, the last in the jar. Finding forgotten money in a jacket you haven’t worn in a while.
Yes, Yes and Yes! Oh the last bit of milk/creamer for the coffee – bliss! =) Thanks for the awesome addition Mak.